About the Windsor Center
The Windsor Center is a community facility for providing residents with recreation and entertainment activities. Meeting rooms large and small provide the infrastructure for various activities, including meetings, conferences, weddings, reunions, and others.
Friends of the Windsor Center (FOWC)
The purpose of the FOWC is to provide the community with quality wholesome entertainment and facilitate infrastructure improvements at the Windsor Center to build a venue focused on community gatherings.
The revenues generated at all FOWC events are independent of the Windsor Recreational Authority and are solely dedicated to creating a high quality community gathering facility. Events to raise money for improvement projects include:
- Open Mic Night
- Community Presentations
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Dawn Pisoni (367-5218) or George Peterson (284-3585). Volunteer activities include painting, landscaping, minor repairs, event planning and concessions. You do not need to be a committee member to volunteer.
Some of the accomplishments by the FOWC include:
- Professional sound system installed
- Entryway improvements
- Upgrade Windsor signage
- Innovative cinema option, showing commercial-quality current and classic family friendly films
- Upgrade board room furnishings donated by Oldenburg
- Installed broadband high speed WI-FI infrastructure donated by Fast Air
- Install Baldwin organ donated by the Tass/Wensel families
- Install piano for Windsor Hall donated by Gary Anderson
- Install Baby Grand piano donated by the West Iron County Schools
- Created “Green Room” with furnishings donated by Irv & Pat Teranishi
- Renovate 3rd floor bocce court room
- Renovate men’s 1st floor restroom
- Landscape front entrance area
- Paint Windsor Auditorium walls
- Future projects include Windsor Hall (former cafeteria) redesign, auditorium comfort, improved parking and curb appeal.